Tuesday 10 November 2009

Something I feel the need to share...

Looking at a picture of his infantry regiment the Grenadier Guards, my brother started to reel off the names of the boys who he trained with who had died in Afghanistan recently. It bought a tear to my eye. So many of the young men I was looking at in the photograph were dead now. These young men that had trained with my brother, been through exactly the same processes and been sent to the same places were dead. Not only is it a pointless war, it is just turning into a game of luck for those who are there, I can't imagine how awful it must be to be there, and what is worse is that my brother said, the majority of the young boys who are out there at the moment don't even know why they were sent. Bring our boys back....

No comments:

Post a Comment